Resolving Dental Problems With Veneers
Dental veneers are an excellent way to resolve dental problems and have become a popular treatment option in cosmetic dentistry.
Dental veneers are custom-made by your dentist and are thin shells of porcelain or composite that cover the front surface of your teeth. Veneers are often utilized to correct dental problems, such as a gap between your front teeth, misaligned teeth, chipped teeth, gum, lines, or worn tooth enamel.
For patients who want to enhance and improve their smile, porcelain veneers are great options when consulting with your cosmetic dentist. Below, this article will share more about the benefits of dental veneers.
Dental Problems That Dental Veneers Can Resolve
Many people are unhappy with their teeth’ shape, length, or discoloration. Veneers, dentures, dental implants, professional teeth whitening, or crowns are an excellent choice, depending on your needs. Consult your cosmetic dentist to determine which treatment option is better for you.
#1. Tooth Discoloration
Dental veneers can help whiten your teeth to any shade you desire for patients with severe tooth discoloration. Professional teeth whitening is sometimes not enough if your teeth are discolored from certain medications or when the dentine under your enamel is showing through. One of the many advantages of dental veneers is that you can lighten your teeth to any shade you choose.
#2. Correcting Chips, Cracks, and Dents
Our teeth are strong; however, it is not impossible to chip or dent your teeth. Cosmetic dentistry offers various options to help even your teeth, including bonding or veneers. Unfortunately, bonding can easily chip, while veneers are durable and resistant to staining. Dental veneers will give you a smooth, even, and fantastic smile.
#3. Fix the Appearance of Crooked Teeth
Crooked teeth can sometimes be repaired by orthodontic options such as a clear aligner or braces. However, veneers can also be an excellent option for fixing your teeth as they are much faster than wearing braces and will give you a perfect and even smile.
#4. Close Gaps Between Your Teeth
Diastema or gaps between your teeth can make patients feel self-conscious about their smile. Depending upon your oral health needs and timeline, veneers are an excellent option to achieve the smile of your dreams.
#5. Repairing Serious Tooth Decay and Restoring Your Smile
Your dentist may recommend crowns or veneers if you have severe tooth decay. Veneers may be the perfect choice for patients with multiple teeth affected by decay to restore and prevent further dental problems.
#6. Correct Misshapen Teeth or Uneven Teeth
Genetics and other oral health issues can cause misshapen or unevenly sized teeth. Under the circumstances, veneers can help to correct these dental problems. For example, if some of your teeth are unusually small in comparison to your others, veneers can be placed on the smaller teeth to create a more uniform appearance in shape and size.
#7. Fixing a Pointy Tooth
Some people have pointy teeth, also known as vampire teeth. Veneers are an excellent way to reshape sharp teeth and give you a beautiful and even smile. Talk with your cosmetic dentist to learn more about getting the smile of your dreams and correcting imperfections, severe tooth discoloration, and other dental problems.
Top Benefits of Dental Veneers
- Get a Total Smile Makeover. Veneers can help improve your entire smile and are often used to correct minor and severe dental problems that make people self-conscious or can lead to serious oral health issues.
- Veneers Look Like Your Natural Teeth. Veneers look incredibly natural, and most people can’t tell the difference between natural teeth and veneers. Your dentist can match your veneers to blend seamlessly with your natural teeth to create a natural appearance.
- Veneers Brighten and Whiten Your Smile. Sometimes, even professional teeth whitening cannot remove stubborn stains or stains due to medications or dentine showing through. Veneers can ensure that your teeth will be beautiful, uniform, and white.
- Restore and Protect Your Teeth. A tooth that is broken or cracked is at a higher risk for tooth decay. Your dentist can place a veneer or a crown over your broken tooth and help reduce the risk of developing periodontal disease, leading to further damage.
- Veneers are Durable and Long-Lasting. Porcelain veneers are long-lasting and exceptionally durable when cared for and maintained correctly. Composite veneers are another option; while not as long-lasting as porcelain veneers, they are more affordable and will give you a fantastic smile.
- Easy Care and Maintenance. Veneers are relatively easy to care for if you maintain good oral health. This includes brushing and flossing your teeth regularly, avoiding hard foods, regular checkups with your dentist, and avoiding smoking to prevent staining or discoloration.
- Veneers Resolve Dental Problems Quickly. Getting veneers may be completed in as little as two sessions; however, depending on your dental problems and the type of veneers you choose, it may take a little longer. Your dentist will remove some of the tooth surfaces and take an impression of your teeth before creating the veneer shell. You will also receive temporary veneers while you wait for your permanent ones to be installed.
Restore And Enhance Your Smile Today With Porcelain Veneers And Carrie Muzny DDS In The Woodlands Area
At Carrie Muzny DDS, our team of exceptionally trained dentists treat all our patients with kindness and compassion while utilizing modern techniques to ensure you receive the best quality care and fantastic results.
We provide professional dentistry care for the entire family and offer restorative and cosmetic dentistry, preventative and family dentistry, surgeries, porcelain veneers, and professional teeth whitening.
Contact us today to book an appointment or consultation to get the smile of your dreams and the exceptional oral health you deserve.